Inact_dirty is increasing continuously and causing the system to hang.

От Kathirvel, Jeevanandam
Тема Inact_dirty is increasing continuously and causing the system to hang.
Дата
Список pgsql-performance

Hi,

            We are seeing system hang-up issue when we do continuous update on table ( 2-3 records/sec) within 10-12 hours. Memory parameter Inact_dirty( shown in /proc/meminfo) is increasing continuously and causing the system to hang-up(not responding state). This issue is not happening when we stop the continuous update.

Please help us to resolve this issue.

System details follows:

OS : Linux kernel version  2.4.7-10

RAM; 256MB (but 64MB used by RAM file system)

PostgreSQL version:7.4.3

postgresql.conf settings : default settings

Best Regards,

Jeeva