Re: Out of memory on update of a single column table containg just one row.

От
Тема Re: Out of memory on update of a single column table containg just one row.
Дата
Список pgsql-general

[Zeeshan]
Hello Thom,

Thanks for your email.  PostgreSQL version number is 8.4.4 running on Centos release 5.4 (Final)

There are no indexes, constraints or triggers on this table.

1 GB limit is fine, but it is giving the error on 700MB or so.  Plus, loading this kid of data will not be a one-time
initialimport.  We will do it, whenever we have to generate the XML and we generate

What we are planning to do this is on a regular basis for our XML feed generation.  We will put the whole XML into a
TEXTcolumn and then use the COPY command to create the file.

I am hoping that this is just a configuration problem and once the server is configured properly it will go away.  Am I
rightin my assumption or are these kind of out-of-memory errors common with PostgreSQL?

Thanks,

Zeeshan

This e-mail is confidential and should not be used by anyone who is not the original intended recipient. Global
DataPointLimited does not accept liability for any statements made which are clearly the sender's own and not expressly
madeon behalf of Global DataPoint Limited. No contracts may be concluded on behalf of Global DataPoint Limited by means
ofe-mail communication. Global DataPoint Limited Registered in England and Wales with registered number 3739752
RegisteredOffice Middlesex House, 34-42 Cleveland Street, London W1T 4LB

Сообщение: Re: Out of memory on update of a single column table containg just one row.
Сообщение: Re: Out of memory on update of a single column table containg just one row.