Re: Why doesn't psql use the information schema to get ACL description ?

От Jim Nasby
Тема Re: Why doesn't psql use the information schema to get ACL description ?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Aug 23, 2011, at 1:57 PM, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
>> Ultimately my ulterior motive is to make sure the information schema
>> is actually useful and ensure that it maintains that status.
>
> The information schema only exposes privileges defined in the SQL
> standard on objects defined in the SQL standard.  So psql or any tool
> that wants to provide information on PostgreSQL-specific features can't
> use that.  But perhaps the JDBC interfaces only expose certain standard
> information anyway, so it could be useful.  Depends on the details,
> though.

Related to this is the newsysviews project, which was intended to present more human-friendly info ala info_schema, but
toalso provide PostgreSQL-specific information (which info_schema can't).
--
Jim C. Nasby, Database Architect                   jim@nasby.net