Re: initdb error: "could not identify current directory" (or,

От OpenMacNews
Тема Re: initdb error: "could not identify current directory" (or,
Дата
Список pgsql-general
hi tom,

per this thread, i've been googl'ing on 'getcwd initdb permissions parent' and
find lots of refs ... issues with folks having 'permission denied' errors if
parent directories don't have correct permissions, etc.

this 'smells' pretty much like the issue at hand here ... tho' i dunno (yet)
what permissions i don't have set correctly.  i think the symlinked directories
have confused matters -- well, at least they've confused me.  i'm going
slightly cross-eyed tonite; will check further in the morning ...

if you have any further insight as to where the issue is, ple let me know ...
otherwise, i think it may be time to drop back to all local/absolute dirs and
start iterating through changes ...

cheers again & thx! for all your help!

richard