Re: "1-Click" installer problems

От John Gage
Тема Re: "1-Click" installer problems
Дата
Re: "1-Click" installer problems  ("Igor Neyman" <ineyman@perceptron.com>)
Список pgsql-general
There is a CLI option where?  Forgive my ignorance, please.  Does it appear in the one-click installer?

John

On Apr 2, 2010, at 9:19 AM, Sachin Srivastava wrote:

There is a CLI option --serviceaccount <username> which a user can use to make any user the owner of postgres service and data files.

Also, if you choose 'postgres' as the service account and the 'postgres' user doesn't exist. The installer will create postgres as a 'locked' user account. Thats the reason you dont see 'postgres' listed as any other normal user. These steps were taken to enhance the security of the data folder.

Again, anytime a user is free to use any account as the service account and not use 'postgres'.