Unable to install postgres on Mips platform.

От Niranjan Shivaratri
Тема Unable to install postgres on Mips platform.
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Hello:

I am trying to install postgres 7.1 version on a Mips platform running Linu=
x (2.4.17sb20020611 version).
The postgres source is compiled with Montevista cross compiler (gcc version=
 3.0.1) for the mips platform.=20

The problem I am having is that when I call initdb, the postgres dies becau=
se of the following error:

Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.=20

This problem occurs in file postgresql-7.1.3/src/backend/access/heap/heapam=
.c (line 1808)
where it is trying to invoke log_heap_update function.=20

When I try to step into the function log_heap_update function, the program =
control goes into
memcpy and I get SIGSEGV fault.=20

Any help in resolving this problem is greatly appreciated.=20

Thanks very much.

Regards,
Niranjan.