Re: Improving CREATE CONSTRAINT TRIGGER documentation - trigger firing order

От Michael Glaesemann
Тема Re: Improving CREATE CONSTRAINT TRIGGER documentation - trigger firing order
Дата
Re: Improving CREATE CONSTRAINT TRIGGER documentation - trigger firing order
Список pgsql-docs
On Apr 21, 2007, at 4:39 , David Pufer wrote:

> In my opinion it would be nice to mention in SQL reference commands
> that
> constraint triggers created by CREATE CONSTRAINT TRIGGER are fired in
> creation order unlike regular triggers created by command CREATE
> TRIGGER. As I know, the firing order of the CONSTRAINT TRIGGER is
> determined by the XXXXX num at "RI_ConstraintTrigger_XXXXX" column in
> pg_trigger table.

I believe this just falls out of the normal order of trigger firing
as explained in the CREATE TRIGGER documentation (http://
www.postgresql.org/docs/8.2/interactive/sql-createtrigger.html)

> If multiple triggers of the same kind are defined for the same
> event, they will be fired in alphabetical order by name.

It might be nice to add a similar phrase to the CREATE CONSTRAINT
TRIGGER documentation, but as far as I know, the behavior is the same
for triggers created by either method. The only difference is that
constraint triggers are named by the system rather than by the user.

Thoughts?

Michael Glaesemann
grzm seespotcode net