Re: Build 8.2 with an old linker

От Thorkil Olesen
Тема Re: Build 8.2 with an old linker
Дата
Список pgsql-ports
Den 28/12/2006 kl. 0.57 skrev Tom Lane:

> "Thorkil Olesen" <thorkil@pip.dknet.dk> writes:
>>  exports.list: exports.txt
>> -       echo '{ global:' >$@
>> +       echo 'VERSION { global:' >$@
>
> Actually ... on second look, doesn't that change the semantics?
>
> We are not trying to establish a versioned API here, only restrict
> symbol visibility.  I think if we do the above we just created a
> versioned API with a version name of "VERSION", which does not seem
> like a good idea.

You might be right.

I'd think that if the name will never be changed, it would mean the
same thing, but I don't know really. I just know that it solved my
build-problem, and I wanted to share that information with the list.
(Probably some more meaningful name than 'VERSION' could be chosen.)

Thank you for the comments.

Best regards, Thorkil.

--
Thorkil Olesen, Hanstholm