Re: BUG #16531: listen_addresses wide open?

От Bee.Lists
Тема Re: BUG #16531: listen_addresses wide open?
Дата
Re: BUG #16531: listen_addresses wide open?  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-bugs
> On Jul 8, 2020, at 5:57 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>
>>> On Jul 8, 2020, at 12:24 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>>> Just to be sure, "show listen_addresses" actually shows that,
>>> and not something else?
>
>> I didn’t check, but then changed it to ‘*’ since troubleshooting these connection issues I’m having.
>
> Well, my point here is that you didn't close the loop to establish that
> what you thought you'd set listen_addresses to had actually taken effect.
> The default value is 'localhost', and there are several ways that that
> might still be the active value even if you'd edited the config file to
> say something else.

OK, then why even have a config file if it’s ignored, or possibly not ignored?  Isn’t that the point of a config file?

>> The issue was that it WAS connecting when set to the LAN IP4 address only.
>
> That's pretty hard to believe; I think a configuration oversight is
> a much more likely explanation.
>
>             regards, tom lane

Well, all of a sudden, my app was complaining that Pogtgres wasn’t accepting on that port, when the app had been using
justthat.  Nothing changed and it suddenly went deaf.  People suggested looking at the listen_addresses directive.

Cheers, Bee

Сообщение: Re: BUG #16531: listen_addresses wide open?
Сообщение: Re: BUG #16531: listen_addresses wide open?