Re: Complicated GROUP BY

От Hoover, Jeffrey
Тема Re: Complicated GROUP BY
Дата
Список pgsql-general
This will also work as long as the table isn't large or product is
indexed.
actually,its more likely product is indexed that criteria_1 or _2...

Note: in this case when there is a tie one provider is arbitrarily
selected

select mx.product,
         mx.max_criteria_1,
         (select provider from products_providers pp
          where pp.product=mx.product
          order by criteria_1 desc limit 1) as best_provider_1,
         mx.max_criteria_2,
         (select provider from products_providers pp
          where pp.product=mx.product
          order by criteria_2 desc limit 1) as best_provider_2
from
   (select
      product,
      max(criteria_1) as max_criteria_1