Re: help lock record

От Dave Cramer
Тема Re: help lock record
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
On 24-May-06, at 8:49 AM, bitrunner wrote:

> >> I must set up of the parameters to postgresql.conf?
>
> > Yes, you must set this in postgresql.conf
>
> Excuse but this is the parameter that I must set up?

Yes, but be aware, this is not an optimal solution. All kinds of
statements will time out on this.

For instance if you set this to 1000ms then try to do a vacuum it
will likely timeout.

However you can use the set command from java on the connection to
set the timeout per connection

    con = Database.getConnection()
    stmt = con.getStatement
    stmt.execute("set statement_timeout=1000");
    do your locking code
    con.close()

Dave