Re: mac os x compile failure

От Michael Glaesemann
Тема Re: mac os x compile failure
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Jan 24, 2006, at 9:21 , Michael Glaesemann wrote:

> On Jan 22, 2006, at 3:10 , Tom Lane wrote:
>
>> That's odd --- AFAIR I've never had trouble building bison on my OS X
>> laptop.  What happens when you try?
>
> I neglected to take any notes. I remember it was complaining about
> "muscle" something-or-other during make.

I have mixed emotions about it, but bison 1.875 built with no
problems the very first time I tried when I went in to service the
machine. No evidence at all of the problems I had building
bison-1.875 and bison-2.1 last week. I can't imagine what I did
differently. It was a straightforward ./configure --prefix=/usr/
local, make, make install. Kinda feel silly that I can't replicate
the error, but glad that it went fine.

>> One workaround would be to check out from CVS and then drop in the
>> bison
>> output files from the 8.1.2 release tarball.
>
> I'll give that a shot when I get back to that machine, probably
> this coming weekend.

Install from CVS when just fine. No error due to F_FULLSYNC, and
configure properly displayed
checking whether F_FULLFSYNC is declared... no

Mac OS X 10.2.8
./configure --prefix=/usr/local/pgsql-cvs --with-pgport=5431 --
mandir=/usr/local/share/man/ --with-includes=/sw/include/ --with-
libraries=/sw/lib/

Full output from configure, make, make install available if desired.
make check failed because it wasn't able to initdb (not enough memory
available) and I didn't want to mess around with changing shmem*. (I
don't even remember how to do that on an OS X 10.2 box.) Is there a
way to set the number of connections lower for the regression tests?

Thanks again, Tom. Looks like this fixed it.

Michael Glaesemann
grzm myrealbox com