Going mad with python pygresql, where is postgres.h???

От Cath Lawrence
Тема Going mad with python pygresql, where is postgres.h???
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Please help me -

Where is postgres.h? I can't rebuild pygresql without it, but it's not
on my system. I'm running postgres 7.2.1 - which seems to be working
perfectly nicely without having a postgres.h in its include directory.

It seems to be a common problem. (PHP, pygresql installs are where I
find people asking about it in google, but I have not yet found a
solution.)  If I fudge it by untarring my pg distribution file, and
copying it from the src directory to my include, the pygresql build
still fails. Differently but still badly.

Has *anyone* succeeded with this? I'll happily go to private email to
send full details and post a resolution, but it is currently driving me
crazy.

BTW, I'm on mac OSX (a BSD variant, most unix things work out of the
box) and just upgraded to python 2.3

thanks
Cath
Cath Lawrence,                       Cath.Lawrence@anu.edu.au
Senior Scientific Programmer,  Centre for Bioinformation Science,
John Curtin School of Medical Research (room 4088)
Australian National University,  Canberra ACT 0200
ph: (02) 61257959   mobile: 0421-902694   fax: (02) 61252595