Re: PostgreSQL publishes first real benchmark

От Heiko W.Rupp
Тема Re: PostgreSQL publishes first real benchmark
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Hi,

> I think this result will be useful for performance discussions of
> postgresql against other databases.
>
> http://www.spec.org/jAppServer2004/results/res2007q3/
>
> More on Josh Berkus's blog:
>
> http://blogs.ittoolbox.com/database/soup/archives/postgresql-
> publishes-first-real-benchmark-17470

Congrats to everyone that worked to make this happen.
While I will never get customers to buy that nice hardware (and I
would recommend the JBoss Appserver anyway :-),
it really is a big sign telling "yes postgres can be really fast" -
as oposed to the urban legends around.

   Heiko

--
    Reg. Adresse: Red Hat GmbH, Hauptstätter Strasse 58, 70178 Stuttgart
    Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Stuttgart HRB 153243

От: "Dolafi, Tom"
Сообщение: Re: rtree/gist index taking enormous amount of space in 8.2.3
От: Dimitri
Сообщение: Re: Filesystem Direct I/O and WAL sync option