Re: Launching PostgreSQL KB Project Mark 2

От Dave Page
Тема Re: Launching PostgreSQL KB Project Mark 2
Дата
Список pgsql-www

I'd have to disagree with the last point - if Josh is bringing them to
the table, then he should make sure they know what's going on (and I'm
sure he will do whatever is required).

> > Which is why I am confused. Should we discuss the requirements here
> > *first*, and then those interested in coding them up can join the
> > project and discuss the details there?
>
> Well honestly I don't think so. The KB at least at this point has
> requirements that are going to be set forth in a major way by the
> corporate sponsors. I don't think people on the WWW list want to
> particpate in that.

Well as I pointed out yesterday, given that we have discussed the issue
of a techdocs/pgdn/kb in some depth and as far as we were aware Gevik
was already working on it, I think we absolutely do want to know what's
going on and how the project is being redefined. That's exactly why I
strongly suggested to Josh that he needed to raise the topic here.

Incidently, as far as I am concerned the project that had been discussed
was /not/ merely a replacement for techdocs; it was to be a full
knowledgebase type section of the site (styled on Microsoft's KB) with a
CMS style interface for contributors. I will be interested to hear what
will be different about the new KB project.

Regards, Dave.

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления: