Re: Using PGAdmin Edit Data Window with JAWS

От Dave Page
Тема Re: Using PGAdmin Edit Data Window with JAWS
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Hi Zsolt,

Please use the mailing lists for support - they help ensure the most appropriate people can see your message.

In this case I think we need to call on Andreas' expertise with that particular code (he wrote it). I'm already struggling to get it to work correctly on Mac (though that's for completely different reasons!).

Any thoughts Andreas?

Regards, Dave

From: Torma Zsolt [mailto:torma.zsolt@sarabi.onyf.hu]
Sent: 02 November 2005 08:29
To: Dave Page
Subject: Using PGAdmin Edit Data Window with JAWS

Hi Dave,

The Edit Data window displays the selected cell with a border around of the cell.
This border can't be accessed with JAWS screen reader.
So, I need two things to handle the navigation and the editing operations in this window:

1. Know the full content of the selected cell,

2. Know wich is the selected cell (to left-click for editing).

(I know that I can edit a cell by typing the new value, but I will disable this function to avoid accidental overwrites.)

With JAWS, I can:

1. Handle hidden cursors (as in the Scintilla edit windows),

2. Read values (Dword or string) from the Registry,

3. Read data from the Clipboard.

For example: If PGAdmin puts a hidden cursor to the beginning of the cell and puts the cell content to the Clipboard or writes it to a Registry value, I can left-click with the mouse on the cell, or speak the cell content when the user navigates.

If you can help me to make this PGAdmin function accessible, please let me know.

--
Regards:
Zsolt