Re: More problems with the win32 installer for 8.1 beta3

От Dave Page
Тема Re: More problems with the win32 installer for 8.1 beta3
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

Now that's different from what you said earlier. Uninstalling 8.0 will
remove any DLLs it installed, unless their reference count in non-zero
in which case it should leave them. Did your remote control program
increment the reference count for the ssl libs? Regardless of the answer
to that, it's the Windows installer that removes files, so this
particular issue should be directed at Microsoft.

It should also be noted that the SSL libraries prior to 0.9.8 contained
no versioning info, so could easily be overwritten by other progams
(Crystal Reports is a commonly noted example because they use a very old
incompatible version that shows up very quickly). We now use 0.9.8 which
does have proper version info.

Regards, Dave.