Re: pgxs and pginstaller

От Dave Page
Тема Re: pgxs and pginstaller
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

Hmm, those are still msys paths which the installer doesn't know about.
Will it work with:

abs_top_srcdir = "C:\\Program
Files\\PostgreSQL\\8.1-beta2\\src\\postgresql-8.1beta2"
prefix := "C:\\Program Files\\PostgreSQL\\8.1-beta2"

Those should be Windows and Msys friendly.

> That seems to work fine. The second problem is that when I made that
> change, I also had to change code that appends 'postgresql'
> to all paths
> unless the path contains the word 'pgsql' or 'postgres'. A comment
> statest that this is to avoid 'directory clutter'. A better
> check would
> perhaps be to hardcode rules that explicitly avoids some well known
> directories (/usr/include etc.). That would give the user a better
> freedom to choose prefix without having this side-effect.
>
> My temporary patch for this was to remove all lines staring
> with 'ifeq'
> or 'endif' between line 66 and 102.

I agree with your earlier comment - this should definitely be fixed in
PostgreSQL, not pgInstaller.

Regards, Dave.