Re: Patch for Libpq enabled psqlodbc

От Dave Page
Тема Re: Patch for Libpq enabled psqlodbc
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc

From: Anoop Kumar [mailto:anoopk@pervasive-postgres.com]
Sent: 13 July 2005 11:38
To: Dave Page; pgsql-odbc@postgresql.org
Subject: RE: [ODBC] Patch for Libpq enabled psqlodbc

Hi Dave,

I’ve added your Makefile to my sources, it eases things a lot J.

Thanks - I prefer to be able to compile out of the box with standard installs.

I figured out the cause of the problem you encountered.  In libpq enabled version, I was using PQgetvalue method for getting the value from the
 PGresult class. PQgetvalue returns an empty string, instead of a null pointer, for a NULL field. So, the date value is converted to the current date.
 I have just made a workaround for this (and trying for a better one) and will send you the patch soon.

 Great, looking forward to it.

So glad that the first bug is reported by you, Dave!

 :-)

Regards, Dave.