Re: Utility database (Was: RE: Autovacuum in the backend)

От Dave Page
Тема Re: Utility database (Was: RE: Autovacuum in the backend)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

OK, so it sounds like noone is really against this idea. Is anyone going
to object to it being applied if I post a suitable patch?

Assuming not, it seems like the only bone of contention is the name...
So:

pg_system - Implies it's a 'true' PostgreSQL system object, but also
implies 'don't mess with me'
default - Implies a standard 'default' database.
pgdb - Blagged from the Microsoft equivalent, msdb.

Others?

Personally I prefer the first or last, as default implies to me that
it's a kindof general use database - which, as Tom points out it could
be, however I think it's better to encourage users to only use it as
directed by tool providers, and not for general purpose.

Regards, Dave.