Re: svn access?"Can't connect to host

От Dave Page
Тема Re: svn access?"Can't connect to host
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers

I said I tested /from/ that box /to/ svn.pgadmin.org :-)

> from INSIDE my LAN/firewall:
>
>     % telnet svn.pgadmin.org 3690
>         Trying 194.217.48.45...
>         telnet: connect to address 194.217.48.45: Operation timed out
>         telnet: Unable to connect to remote host

OK, connect failed.

> from OUTSIDE my LAN (@ my ISP):
>
>     % telnet svn.pgadmin.org 3690
>         Trying 194.217.48.45...
>         Connected to raptor.vale-housing.co.uk.
>         Escape character is '^]'.
>         ( success ( 1 2 ( ANONYMOUS ) ( edit-pipeline ) ) ) ^]

Connect succeeded (ignore the bad rdns - the ISP have been sent the
updates).

> ok, so the machine's alive ...
>
> it's clear -- i'm being boneheaded.
>
> but where/how?

Between you and your ISP judging by your test above. Are you egress
filtering on your own firewall perhaps? If not, I guess it's your ISP,
but it seems odd that they would block svn but allow cvs.

> i'm "stuck @ 1.2rc2 cuz of "other issues" left unfixed in 114. argh.
>
> hmmm ... i wonder.

1.2 client should definitely work with a 1.1.4 server from what I have
read.

Regards, Dave