Re: Official ODBC announcement

От Dave Page
Тема Re: Official ODBC announcement
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc

I am not a lawyer, but...

Essentially you're correct IMO - ODBC apps do not link against the
driver itself, thus there is no closed/open source GPL issue. That only
comes into play if you use a GPL *driver manager* (both iODBC and
unixODBC are LGPL anyway, so that should be a non-issue as well). On a
Windows system the worst that would happen is that you would distribute
your application and get the users to download the driver themselves,
just to be safe.

Regards, Dave