Re: [pgadmin-hackers] Client-side password encryption

От Dave Page
Тема Re: [pgadmin-hackers] Client-side password encryption
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

-----Original Message-----
From: Stephen Frost [mailto:sfrost@snowman.net]
Sent: Fri 12/23/2005 2:42 PM
To: Martijn van Oosterhout
Cc: Greg Stark; Tom Lane; Christopher Kings-Lynne; Andrew Dunstan; Peter Eisentraut; pgsql-hackers@postgresql.org;
AndreasPflug; Dave Page
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] [pgadmin-hackers] Client-side password encryption
> There's also Kerberos, which I'm happy to say seems to be getting more
> and more use.  I'd really like to get ODBC Kerberos working, at least
> with MIT kerberos and then maybe someday (if I can manage to get it
> working...) setup some cross-realm stuff with the Windows AD and SSPI
> (iirc) things and have ODBC use that to authenticate against my
> Linux-based PostgreSQL server.

psqlODBC & libpq already work well with MIT Kerberos on Windows as well as *nix. I believe Magnus has production
systemsrunning with a Linux based server authenticating against the AD.

AFAICR, the bit that doesn't work yet is server-side Kerberos on Windows, which just means you have to have the server
runningon *nix.

Regards, Dave

Сообщение: Re: [pgadmin-hackers] Client-side password encryption
Сообщение: Re: [pgadmin-hackers] Client-side password encryption