Re: performance hit for replication

От: Dave Page
Тема: Re: performance hit for replication
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-performance

Скрыть дерево обсуждения

performance hit for replication  ("Matthew Nuzum", )
 Re: performance hit for replication  ("Joshua D. Drake", )
  Re: performance hit for replication  ("Matthew Nuzum", )
   Re: performance hit for replication  ("Joshua D. Drake", )
 Re: performance hit for replication  (Darcy Buskermolen, )
 Re: performance hit for replication  (Chris Browne, )
 Re: performance hit for replication  ("Dave Page", )

If it's possible to upgrade to 8.0 then perhaps you could make use of
PITR and continuously ship log files to your standby machine.

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/interactive/backup-online.html

I can't help further with this as I've yet to give it a go myself, but
others here may have tried it.

Regards, Dave.