Re: pgadmin problem

От Dave Page
Тема Re: pgadmin problem
Дата
Список pgadmin-support

From: pgadmin-support-owner@postgresql.org [mailto:pgadmin-support-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of David Chapman
Sent: 08 March 2005 12:26
To: pgadmin-support@postgresql.org
Subject: [pgadmin-support] pgadmin problem

Good People,

I am slowly learning Postgresql, but are not having much luck with pgadmin.

I can create a database, but are not able to add tables to the new database. The overlaid page headed "Properties|Columns|Constraints|Privileges|SQL" will not accept characters from the keyboard. It appears to be in a read only mode - which may be what the red circle with crossed through pencil indicates on the elephant icon. I would not question it if I were not able to create databases. The point is I don't know if I am on the right track, and I don't know what to do about it.

Hi David,

It sounds like you are trying to type into the properties tabset which is indeed read-only. If you expand the node in the treeview on the right for your new database, you should see nodes for casts, schemas, languages etc. Open up the schemas node, and you should see a public schema. Open that and you'll see nodes for tables, views etc. You can right click nodes at every level in the hierarchy, and will see appropriate options on the popup menu - amongst those are options to create new objects of applicable types, each of which will open an object-specific dialog with which you can define what you want to create.

HTH,

Regards Dave.