Re: [PGWEB-COMMITS] By omar: Get rid of the temporary text.

От Dave Page
Тема Re: [PGWEB-COMMITS] By omar: Get rid of the temporary text.
Дата
Список pgsql-www

That is far from clear to a non-designer - it simply looks like a lead
story about *something*.

> You didn't discuss the content in the first place, either.
> You need to
> consult the designer before making changes to the *design*.

I raised the problem on the list yesterday. Josh suggested hiding the
whole thing which I didn't want to do as it would mess up the design
even further. I mooted the idea of using 'Coming Soon' but then altered
it to the text you quoted. Later I saw an email from Justin saying he
thought Coming Soon was OK. However as it was a temporary thing I left
it as it was. You indicated no opinion at all.

> Alexey needs to be added under Developer Profiles.

Yes, agreed.

> Really? What about Emily? The person who designed the site? Organised
> it? Put up much of the content?

My apologies to Emily, however, all the commits have been from you, all,
if not virtually all the emails on the subject have been from you. I'm
sure it seems to all of us that you are the one contributing. If she is
working behind the scenes then great, credit can and should be given,
but if we don't know that she's working behind the scenes...

> Hardly. The elephant was announcing the release of 8.0.

I'll bet 99% of the visitors to the site won't appreciate that. They
just see an attractive element to the design. Don't forget, whilst every
design element probably has meaning to a professional designers like you
and Emily, most of us just see a nice looking website. Which doesn't
look as nice without that image.

> Since
> you made
> the decision to put up the site prior to the release (which
> wasn't what
> was originally discussed--the design is for the launch of
> 8.0; there's
> no point putting it up before then),

Actually, the new site has *never* been tied to the release of 8.0. Some
people have suggested it would be nice to go live in time for that
event, but even then the general response has been along the lines of
'won't happen'. It's only the last week or two that I and probably
others have realised that with your hard work on the design and content
it actually might go live in time.

Regards, Dave.

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления: