Re: ODBC Snapshot Installer (for Dave Page)

От Dave Page
Тема Re: ODBC Snapshot Installer (for Dave Page)
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc

From: pgsql-odbc-owner@postgresql.org [mailto:pgsql-odbc-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of anthony.caduto@micorp.com
Sent: 06 October 2004 16:59
To: pgsql-odbc@postgresql.org
Subject: [ODBC] ODBC Snapshot Installer (for Dave Page)

Dave,
I have successfully created a ODBC installer and it looks almost identical to the current MSI one.
I looked at the M$  stuff you mentioned and the learning curve is pretty high.
I created this one with Inno Setup 5 and it only took a few minutes and is much easier to use than MSI or that xml msi stuff

Like I said, I would be willing to take over creating the installer if you don't mind switching to Inno Setup.

I could also do the setup for PGAdmin III :-)

Hi Tony,

Thanks, however as I said we intentionally use MSI based setup because of the benefits of features such as merge modules, custom actions and the fact that it's Microsoft's supported installation technique. I realise that you dislike supporting them, but there's little sense avoiding using their tools when targeting their platform - especially when they do make them Open Source.

Feel free to try again with Wix if you like - I think I mentioned that it has a decompiler, so porting the installer MSM and then it's MSI files should simply be a case of running the decompiler on each of 2 existing files, and doing a little cleaning work.

Regards, Dave.