Re: Access and PG ODBC problem

От Dave Page
Тема Re: Access and PG ODBC problem
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc

From: pgsql-odbc-owner@postgresql.org [mailto:pgsql-odbc-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of anthony.caduto@micorp.com
Sent: 04 October 2004 22:39
To: pgsql-odbc@postgresql.org
Subject: [ODBC] Access and PG ODBC problem

Hi,
I am trying to convert some access databases to use PG linked tables and all was going good until I tried to do some stuff in VBA script..

Dim conn As New ADODB.Connection
Set conn = New ADODB.Connection
conn.Open "driver={PostgreSQL};server=192.168.1.29;port=5432;database=mydb;uid=postgres;pwd=;ksqo=;"
Dim rs As New ADODB.Recordset
Set rs = New ADODB.Recordset
rs.CursorLocation = adUseServer
rs.Open "select * from lw_partnershipdata.switchboard_remote", conn, adOpenDynamic, adLockOptimistic, adCmdText

It all goes good until the last line and then I get this error:

Column "OID" does not exist

None of my tables have OIDs as they are large and I don't want the overhead of the OIDs.

Any help/Ideas would be appreciated.

Hi Tony,

I tested this code in VB6 (where I have a nice debugger), and it works perfectly either with, or without the infamous updateable cursors option on the version of the driver that I posted yesterday (8.00.0001). Can you try with that version please?

Regards, Dave.