Re: [ADMIN] windows docs?

От Dave Page
Тема Re: [ADMIN] windows docs?
Дата
Список pgsql-docs

?
> I'm thinking rename the current faq to faq_win32_cygwin and
> then create a new
> faq faq_win32_native based the pginstaller one.   Does anyone
> feel they ought
> to be combined?

No, absolutely not - that'll just create further confusion.

> I guess another alternative is jut remove
> faq_mswin from the main sources and then leave it up to
> cygwin/native projects to maintain thier own faqs, with
> perhaps a single question in the main postgresql pointing to
> both of the other faqs... anyone have a preference?

The problem with our new FAQ is that much of it is installer specific,
so including it in the main distro which doesn't include the installer
code just seems wrong somehow. Perhaps the existing faq should have a
note in bold at the top directing ppl to the installer FAQ if that's
what they really want, and leave the rest of the doc for Cygwin/Mingw
specific issues.

Regards, Dave.