Re: Error adding new column to existing table.

От Dave Page
Тема Re: Error adding new column to existing table.
Дата
Список pgadmin-support

From: pgadmin-support-owner@postgresql.org [mailto:pgadmin-support-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Ted Taylor
Sent: 16 September 2004 21:51
To: pgadmin-support@postgresql.org
Subject: [pgadmin-support] Error adding new column to existing table.

Short version: using the “Add Column” GUI on an existing table puts double quotes around the datatype, and won’t run.

Hi Ted,

I'm surprised it didn't work with the quotes to be honest, but that aside, theres a known quoting bug in beta1 that has been fixed for beta2 that almost certainly caused this. It should also be fixed in the latest snapshot at http://pgadmin.postgresql.org/snapshots/win32/ if you wish to upgrade to that.

Thanks for the email though - a textbook example of the perfect bug report; I wish they were all like that!

Regards, Dave