Re: pg_autovacuum Win32 Service Code

От Dave Page
Тема Re: pg_autovacuum Win32 Service Code
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

Yes, agreed - the problem with that is that we don't know the name of
the service until it's been installed (as the user can change it), and
even then we only know it if it's been installed by the installer which
logs the service details in a known section of the registry for apps
like pgAdmin to find and use.

I believe I can setup all of that in the installer and avoid using the
install-as-service option in a normal installation - anyone who does
want to use that option will have to manually add the correct
dependency.

> Dave, do you plan on having the windows installer
> automatically install pg_autovacuum and setup the service?

Yup.

Regards Dave