Re: psqlODBC LGPL Licence

От Dave Page
Тема Re: psqlODBC LGPL Licence
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc

Hi David,

Thanks for the email  it's good to know some of you guys are still
around!

> Byron Nikolaidis actually performed the work as an employee
> of Insight.
> For some time after leaving Insight he made contributions of his own.

Yup, Byron's contributions were very valuable to the project - he
committed many bugfxes for the first versions of pgAdmin, and other apps
written by myself and many other people.

> Currently, I'm doing some contract work for Insight.  So if
> there is any thing I can do to alleviate you concerns, let me know.

I think it's mainly a legal thing - I don't want Insight to lose any
credit for their work, just put our name in the version resource for the
Win32 DLL as we're now the primary developers/distributors. My own
thoughts are that this is not a problem as I wouldn't be changing any of
the licencing as such. If this can be confirmed by someone at Insight,
that would be the best answer!

Regards, Dave.