Re: pgAgent - Log error when running

От Dave Page
Тема Re: pgAgent - Log error when running
Дата
Список pgadmin-support

Shouldn't that be:

/usr/bin/pgagent hostaddr=127.0.0.1 dbname=ec user=postgres                                                 ^

> ec is the name of my data database. The pgAgent tables have been
> installed in both databases duriing my attempts to get it working.

Only put the pgAgent objects in the 'maintenance database' ie. The one
that is specified in the connection dialog in pgAdmin (normally
postgres).

> I am getting the following error in the postgresql log
> everytime (every
> 30 seconds) pgAgent runs depending on which command I used to start
> pgAgent:
> 2006-08-01 21:24:28.785 EDT postgres ec LOG:  could not receive data
> from client: Connection reset by peer
> 2006-08-01 21:24:38.259 EDT postgres postgres LOG:  could not receive
> data from client: Connection reset by peer
>
> I am running pgAdmin III on Windows and I have configured and
> scheduled
> a test job. The job indicates that it has never run and it is not
> currenlty running.

No, it's aborting when it connects so it'll never update the stats. If
it's not the typo above, try checking the server logs for more info. You
may need to enable the connection logging options.

Regards, Dave