Re: GUI Interface

От Dave Page
Тема Re: GUI Interface
Дата
Список pgsql-general

Interesting - you've been complaining about the way the 'Enterprise
Manager' part compares to pgAdmin up until now, not the Query Analyser.
Out of interest, what is wrong with our Query Tool? We may well have
resolved many of the issues - for example, 1.6 will have:

- A 'Favourites' query manager
- Zero data load time through the use of a new virtual grid control.
This supercedes my blog entry about the previous speed enhancements.
- 'Quick Reports' - allow you to dump your queries and results to
XHTML/XML reports, optionally XSLT transformed using a stylesheet of
your choice.
- Auto complete in the editor

And of course, since the DBAs who prompted you to write PGLA would have
evaluated it, we've also added:

- Ability to export query results to file
- Async notification support
- Graphical Explain
- Ability to switch to a different database

Regards, Dave.