Re: GUI Interface

От Dave Page
Тема Re: GUI Interface
Дата
Re: GUI Interface  (Kenneth Downs <ken@secdat.com>)
Список pgsql-general

From: pgsql-general-owner@postgresql.org [mailto:pgsql-general-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Kenneth Downs
Sent: 12 May 2006 02:09
To: pgsql-general@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] GUI Interface

The longer you use it, the longer it takes to connect to databases each time you start up.  It says "Restoring previous settings".

It should only take longer if the number of objects in your database grows significantly, or if you've turned on debug logging. At that point it is examining your database so that it can rebuild the treeview to roughly the state that it was when you last used it.

I am considering making that behaviour optional though - I have many databases for instance, and often find myself wating a few seconds needlessly.

 On my linux box, it also has the dubious honor of being the only program I have ever seen that can lock X hard, with killing the X server being the only rescue (if you call that a rescue).  It can connect over networks, but on mine it always seems to hang after an hour or so, and you have to kill it and restart it.

That's a new one. Any other symptoms? Can you get a backtrace from a coredump?

 Finally, it ain't great for inspecting  text columns.

How so- the in-grid editor? I'm open to suggestions and feedback.

Regards, Dave.