Re: Practical impediment to supporting multiple SSL libraries

От Dave Page
Тема Re: Practical impediment to supporting multiple SSL libraries
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

Yes :-)

> > I don't think the zero-copy is relevent, the code is not
> written in a
> > way that suggests speed was an issue. Rather I think the
> way you want
> > to use the resultset is the issue. You can't use the memory in the
> > PGresult because then'd you need to track which tuples were
> allocated
> > by you and which we allocated by libpq. The resulting copying is
> > needless, along with the fact that you double your memory usage.
>
> The double memory usage definitely sucks but I really think
> speed would also be greatly improved by removing the double
> copying and all the function calls dealing with PQgetResult, etc...

Don't forget that the code now in CVS-tip is not the code that had the
copy issue. As of last Saturday, the hybrid version was moved to tip.

Regards, Dave.

Сообщение: Re: Practical impediment to supporting multiple SSL libraries
Сообщение: Re: Practical impediment to supporting multiple SSL libraries