Re: Query tool not working

От Dave Page
Тема Re: Query tool not working
Дата
Список pgadmin-support

From: pgadmin-support-owner@postgresql.org [mailto:pgadmin-support-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Ryan Dobbs
Sent: 03 March 2006 03:20
To: pgadmin-support@postgresql.org
Subject: [pgadmin-support] Query tool not working

Hi,

I am new to postgeSQL and have recently installed version 8.1 on my local machine.

I am running Windows XP Pro and am using pgAdmin III version 1.4.1

I created a database with all the required tables and columns.  I have also created all the primary keys and foreign keys and can view/ created columns and tables and sequences.  At the moment there is no data within the tables.

The problem is, when I use the query tool to do a select all statement, It comes back with an error message saying the the table could not be found.  I have tried it on most of the tables, but get the same error message.  I am spelling the name of the table correctly.

Any ideas on how to fix this?  Would it have something to do with permissions?

Unlikely - it would say so if that were the case.

I suspect you have either used upper case characters in your table name, and then not quoted it in your query - eg.

SELECT * FROM "FoO"

or, created the table in a schema not in the current search path, and not qualified the name, such as:

SELECT * FROM myschema.foo

Regards, Dave.