Re: pg_upgrade should truncate/remove its logs before running

От Daniel Gustafsson
Тема Re: pg_upgrade should truncate/remove its logs before running
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On 16 Dec 2021, at 12:11, Peter Eisentraut <peter.eisentraut@enterprisedb.com> wrote:

> Could we make it write just one log file?  Is having multiple log files better?

Having individual <checkname>.txt files from checks with additional information
on how to handle the error are quite convenient when writing wrappers around
pg_upgrade (speaking from experience of having written multiple pg_upgraade
frontends).  Parsing a single logfile is more work, and will break existing
scripts.

I'm in favor of a predictable by default logpath, with a parameter to override,
as mentioned upthread.