Re: Raid 5 vs Raid 10 Benchmarks Using bonnie++

От Ogden
Тема Re: Raid 5 vs Raid 10 Benchmarks Using bonnie++
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Aug 17, 2011, at 1:31 PM, ktm@rice.edu wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 17, 2011 at 01:26:56PM -0500, Ogden wrote:
>> I am using bonnie++ to benchmark our current Postgres system (on RAID 5) with the new one we have, which I have
configuredwith RAID 10. The drives are the same (SAS 15K). I tried the new system with ext3 and then XFS but the
resultsseem really outrageous as compared to the current system, or am I reading things wrong?

>> The benchmark results are here:
>>
>> http://malekkoheavyindustry.com/benchmark.html
>>

>> Thank you
>>
>> Ogden
>
> That looks pretty normal to me.
>
> Ken

But such a jump from the current db01 system to this? Over 20 times difference from the current system to the new one
withXFS. Is that much of a jump normal?

Ogden

Сообщение: Re: Raid 5 vs Raid 10 Benchmarks Using bonnie++
Сообщение: Re: Raid 5 vs Raid 10 Benchmarks Using bonnie++