Re: Multi-Versions and Vacuum -- cf Oracle & Vacuum alt

От Anthony Berglas
Тема Re: Multi-Versions and Vacuum -- cf Oracle & Vacuum alt
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Thanks for doing the test in Oracle.  What I did not see is you setting the
Isolation Level.  Or maybe that is what I forgot to do when I did similar
tests some time ago!  (I don't have Oracle handy or I'd try again.)

However, the point remains, that there is no reason why PostgreSQL could not
provide more serialized transactions in Read Committed mode without taking
the hits with rollback that Serializable mode gives.

Anthony

PS. Any feedback on the idea of using the transaction log to implement MVC
would be appreciated.