Re: ERROR: cache lookup failed for type 0

От Michael Harris \(BR/EPA\)
Тема Re: ERROR: cache lookup failed for type 0
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi Tom,

Thanks for your response.

None of the typeid atttypid fields were 0:

 attrelid |          attname          | atttypid | attstattarget |
attlen | attnum | attndims | attcacheoff | atttypmod | attbyval |
attstorage | attalign | attnotnull | atthasdef | attisdropped |
attislocal | attinhcount
----------+---------------------------+----------+---------------+------
--+--------+----------+-------------+-----------+----------+------------
+----------+------------+-----------+--------------+------------+-------
------
   167581 | tableoid                  |       26 |             0 |
4 |     -7 |        0 |          -1 |        -1 | t        | p
| i        | t          | f         | f            | t          |
0
   167581 | cmax                      |       29 |             0 |
4 |     -6 |        0 |          -1 |        -1 | t        | p
| i        | t          | f         | f            | t          |
0
   167581 | xmax                      |       28 |             0 |
4 |     -5 |        0 |          -1 |        -1 | t        | p
| i        | t          | f         | f            | t          |
0
   167581 | cmin                      |       29 |             0 |
4 |     -4 |        0 |          -1 |        -1 | t        | p
| i        | t          | f         | f            | t          |
0
   167581 | xmin                      |       28 |             0 |
4 |     -3 |        0 |          -1 |        -1 | t        | p
| i        | t          | f         | f            | t          |
0
   167581 | ctid                      |       27 |             0 |
6 |     -1 |        0 |          -1 |        -1 | f        | p
| s        | t          | f         | f            | t          |
0
   167581 | ropid                     |       23 |            -1 |
4 |      1 |        0 |          -1 |        -1 | t        | p
| i        | t          | f         | f            | f          |
1
   167581 | moid                      |       23 |            -1 |
4 |      2 |        0 |          -1 |        -1 | t        | p
| i        | t          | f         | f            | f          |
1
   167581 | tblock                    |       21 |            -1 |
2 |      3 |        0 |          -1 |        -1 | t        | p
| s        | t          | f         | f            | f          |
1
   167581 | pmtransmittedcarrierpower |     1016 |            -1 |
-1 |      4 |        0 |          -1 |        -1 | f        | x
| d        | f          | f         | f            | f          |
1
   167581 | pmaveragerssi             |     1016 |            -1 |
-1 |      5 |        0 |          -1 |        -1 | f        | x
| d        | f          | f         | f            | f          |
1
   167581 | pm_count                  |       20 |            -1 |
8 |      6 |        0 |          -1 |        -1 | f        | p
| d        | f          | f         | f            | f          |
1
(12 rows)

I don't know enough about this catalog table to say if anything else is
unusual about it. Comparing it with other tables that do not have a
problem did not reveal anything startling (to my eyes anyway).

The table is part of an inheritance structure. We are using inheritance
to partition the data based on a number of criteria.  The top level
table ('carrier') has no records of it's own but defines the structure
of information stored in the table set. It's descendants (eg.
'carrier_on') are for either the original raw data, or data summarised
in one way or another. The third level tables (eg 'carrier_on_13642')
are divided into blocks of time.

All of the tables in this structure (and also parallel table structures
that we have) are linked back to two central tables via foreign keys on
the fields ropid and moid. There are a lot of relations which have these
fields as foreign references: this is causing another (unrelated I
think) problem: when we try to delete records from the table containing
the field ropid, it bombs with 'out of memory'.

=> \d pm.carrier_on_13642;
           Table "pm.carrier_on_13642"
          Column           |   Type   | Modifiers
---------------------------+----------+-----------
 ropid                     | integer  | not null
 moid                      | integer  | not null
 tblock                    | smallint | not null
 pmtransmittedcarrierpower | bigint[] |
 pmaveragerssi             | bigint[] |
 pm_count                  | bigint   |
    "carrier_on_13642_pkey" PRIMARY KEY, btree (ropid, moid)
    "carrier_on_13642_moid_idx" btree (moid)
    "carrier_on_13642_ropid_idx" btree (ropid)
Check constraints:
    "carrier_on_13642_tblock_check" CHECK (tblock = 13642::smallint)
Foreign-key constraints:
    "carrier_on_13642_moid_fkey" FOREIGN KEY (moid) REFERENCES
pm.mo(moid) ON DELETE CASCADE
    "carrier_on_13642_ropid_fkey" FOREIGN KEY (ropid) REFERENCES
pm.rop(ropid) ON DELETE CASCADE
Inherits: carrier_on

Last night I did a pg_dump excluding this particular table. It failed,
complaining about another table pm.carrier_oo_13642 with the same error.
I then excluded that table also, after which the dump succeeded.

What does "ERROR: cache lookup failed for type 0" mean? I searched all
over the place for a good descripion but could not find one.

Regards // Mike