Re: JDBC 4 Compliance

От Steven Schlansker
Тема Re: JDBC 4 Compliance
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
On Jun 26, 2013, at 11:58 AM, Dave Cramer <pg@fastcrypt.com> wrote:

> Currently I am the only committer, (Kris is still but he's not active now) I would remain that way for a while til I
seewhere this is going.

> Dana , have a look at http://jekyllrb.com/
>
> As for other people who have offered help Stephen Nelson has shown some interest.

First, thanks so much for your (and Kris's, and all the other committers') hard work.  It is appreciated!  The Postgres
JDBCdriver has been stable and reliable and a core part of a lot of the projects I currently work on.

It sounds like at this point, even if the decision is to stay with the current mainline for the time being, the project
needssome "new blood" to ensure it keeps going in the case where you lose the interest or time to donate to the
project.

I would happily donate some time to doing code review and implementing improvements.

Maybe you (or everyone as a group?) should draw up some guidelines on what sort of expectations there are of
committers. I could see introducing ten new committers to help with code review all at the same time causing a lot of
instabilityboth in the driver and the project, unless everyone agrees on what are / aren't the goals of the current
JDBCdriver.  I think "not destabilizing the current driver" is a worthy priority, given how many people depend on it…