Re: join over 12 tables takes 3 secs to plan

От Hilmar Lapp
Тема Re: join over 12 tables takes 3 secs to plan
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Friday, January 3, 2003, at 02:16  PM, Charles H. Woloszynski wrote:

> Also, you need to retain the PreparedStatement, it is not cached based
> based on the text of the
> statement, but associated with the PreparedStatement itself

I think that's normal. I don't recall the JDBC spec saying that you
have a chance the server will remember that you created a
PreparedStatement for the same query text before. You have to cache the
PreparedStatement object in your app, not the query string.

BTW that's the same for perl/DBI. At least for Oracle.

    -hilmar
Hilmar Lapp                            email: lapp at gnf.org