auto fill serial id field with default value in copy operation

От karsten vennemann
Тема auto fill serial id field with default value in copy operation
Дата
Список pgsql-general

I'm trying to load data from a csv file via copy command into a table with the first column record_id specified NOT NULL  (this is a serial field defined as follows:

ALTER TABLE records ADD COLUMN record_id integer;
ALTER TABLE records ALTER COLUMN record_id SET STORAGE PLAIN;
ALTER TABLE records ALTER COLUMN record_id SET NOT NULL;
ALTER TABLE records ALTER COLUMN record_id SET DEFAULT nextval('records_record_id_seq'::regclass);

Since minport data in the csv files have no value for the first field and look like this ,1015,1,0,0,0,0....
I get this ERROR: null value in column "record_id" violates not-null constraint
What is the best way to load my data via copy into the db and get the record_id field auto filled (with the next id value in squence) ?

I'm trying this using the following command:
copy records from '/var/data/import1.csv' using delimiters ','  with null as '';

Karsten Vennemann
Terra GIS LTD
Seattle, WA  98112
USA