Re: Managing multiple branches in git

От David E. Wheeler
Тема Re: Managing multiple branches in git
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Jun 2, 2009, at 3:55 PM, Andrew Dunstan wrote:

> Umm, no. there are *no* ,v files in my working copies (I just
> checked, to make sure I wasn't on crack). The repository has them,
> but the working copy does not. SVN does keep the equivalent - that's
> how you can work offline for doing things like 'svn diff'. But it
> makes the repo quite ugly, in fact. Running recursive grep on a
> subversion working copy is quite nasty.

`git grep` to avoid this issue with Git.

> Well, it looks like the extra storage for my current 6 (soon to be
> 7) working copies of postgres over the CVS equivalents would cost
> something over 100Mb each. I know disk space is cheap but that's
> kinda sad. The volume of info kept in CVS metadata files is
> insignificant. Saying they are the same is just not so.
>
> Is it possible for multiple working sets to share the same GIT_DIR?

FWIW, I've found that my Bricolage repository in Git was far smaller
than it was in Subversion. You can also `git gc` to get the size down.
I would be surprised if all of the checkouts together were over 100MB,
especially if you're sharing files between them.

Best,

David

Сообщение: Re: Managing multiple branches in git
Сообщение: Re: Managing multiple branches in git