Re: [DOCS] Change wording for PG_MODULE_MAGIC inclusion

От Daniel Gustafsson
Тема Re: [DOCS] Change wording for PG_MODULE_MAGIC inclusion
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
> On 30 Aug 2017, at 16:51, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

>> Uh, why would anybody be reading the pg10 docs in order to compile
>> modules for 8.2?  I vote to just drop the suggestion that there needs to
>> be an #ifdef guard altogether.
>
> +1 ... if you are reading the current docs, they're going to tell you
> lots of things that won't work in 8.1.

Patch updated with dropping the #ifdef guard paragraph.  Also removed the
mention of when the magic block was introduced as it seemed an odd piece of
archaeology to keep around when the guard paragraph was removed.

cheers ./daniel

Вложения