Re: #Deleted

От Henshall, Stuart - Design & Print
Тема Re: #Deleted
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc

Alain Remont wrote:
> Have just installed ODBC on a Windows XP machine which talks to a
> Debian Linux PostgreSQL server. The idea is to access some tables on
> the server from MS Access in the XP m/c.
>
> I have a test PostgreSQL database. I manage to connect and list the
> tables. However, when I try to view the tables, a few get filled with
> "#Deleted". The strange thing is that "some" tables load absolutely
> correctly, but several of them do not: they get a series (correct
> number) of rows filled with the string "#Deleted". Oh, the column
> names are also correct.
>
> Is there some simple explanation?
>
> From looking at the tables, I cannot find a "common thread" as to why
> certain tables do not load across.
>
> Would appreciate any pointers.....

As a quick stab in the dark I'd guess that some sort of truncation occurs in the comparision (either floats or timestamps) so that it thinks that these rows have changed. I use row versioning with access and this seems to have worked well for me (although admittedly I don't tend to use raw tables or datasheets).

- Stuart