Re: Very slow query

От Henshall, Stuart - WCP
Тема Re: Very slow query
Дата
Список pgsql-novice

I thought there was also a problem with count(*) in that it would have to scan the tuple any way to check for visibility. Not 100% sure on that.

I believe the best way to do select max() is to:
SELECT * FROM tbl ORDER BY mx_field DESC LIMIT 1
This does of course have the problem of being none standards compliant.
I'm not sure how optimised this is so tell me if I'm talking gibberish :)
- Stuart