Re: SMP-support on PostgreSQL/Cygwin

От Henshall, Stuart - WCP
Тема Re: SMP-support on PostgreSQL/Cygwin
Дата
Список pgsql-cygwin
Hello,
    There is no threading in PostgreSQL, it uses a multi process model
where each connection has a back end process. All the postmaster does is
fork new backends, so unless you are doing a lot of connecting the
postmaster shouldn't be doing much. Therefore a transaction will not use
more than one processor. However it sounds as if you have multiple
connections executing at once, so it may be lock contention or I/O bound.
Increasing shared memory buffers may help.
- Stuart