Re: Join Statements

От Henshall, Stuart - WCP
Тема Re: Join Statements
Дата
Список pgsql-sql

This shouldn't be too inefficient:
select * from a where NOT EXISTS (SELECT * FROM b WHERE b.id=a.id)
Note the use of EXISTS rather than IN (IN isn't efficient on PostgreSQL)
If you wanted to use a join I think this is what you actually want:
SELECT * FROM a LEFT JOIN b ON a.id=b.id WHERE b.id IS NULL;
The reason a.id<>b.id doesn't work is because NULL is an unknown value, and
therefore might equal a if it was known.
Give it a test and tell me which works better (I'd expect them to be about
the same).
Cheers,
- Stuart

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: